Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Louvre Part 1.. of many more to come

I went to the Louvre on Saturday! I spent a few hours there and didn't even get through a third of it! But I am planning on going back many more times, because since I am living here in France, and am 18, I can get in for free! This Palace is amazing! I can't even describe how big and beautiful it is! I was in awe! And the fact that this was actually somebody's home is insane! Anyway, here it is. P.S. sorry they are a little out of order...




This is the original foundation

And the original mote for the Palace!


I wish I had a better camera so you could see the detail and color better. But then again, no camera can capture how amazing it is when you're looking up at it.


An amazingly sculpted ceiling!




I wish I could have gotten more pictures of the rooms themselves, because they were all insane.








This is one large mosaic!





















This bathtub would be AMAZING!


The little gray rectangles on the sides of the wall, are actually all of the artists' names. It was so cool to read all of them!


I love murals like this! Its astonishing how someone can see the big picture the whole time and make each and everything come together perfectly while just painting it piece by piece!

The famous Monna Lisa. I wish I could have gotten closer...


For some reason, these are some of my favorite pieces of art.



Another amazing room!


1 comment: